Friday, June 18, 2010

Way too hot in the garage

It has been really hot and humid here the last few days. It has kept me out of the garage. On Tuesday a friend of mine Mike P. in Minneapolis (he is building a Buttercup) sent me a message

"Hey Kent

Wanted to know if it was hot enough for you and if you were out in the garage "sweatin to the oldies?""

He wanted to rub it in that he has an A/C unit in his garage.

Guess it is time to keep up with the Jones'! I need to look for a window A/C unit for the garage.

Since I was finished with all of the welding on the main structure of the fuselage, I wanted to double check to see how straight everything came out. So I ran some lines down the outside of the fuselage (3" out from the front and 17.5" out from the rear) and one straight down the middle of the fuselage to take some measurements. So after all of the welding that takes place and anyone that has welded steel before knows, steel can move around a lot during welding. I ended up pretty lucky as I had taken some time to try my best to make sure everything stayed square, it only came out to be 1/32" off from nose to tail. (which to straighten this out it would require moving to one side 1/64"). So all in all at this point so far I am really happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment