Friday, June 11, 2010

Rotisserie and adjustable stool






So some of the other things that I have built to aid in welding and just working on the airplane in general are a rotisserie and an adjustable stool. The stool is built out of a jackscrew from an old office chair, 3 nuts that fit the jackscrew, 1/2" steel rod, and wood for the seat. The stool is really nice as I can adjust it up and down from about the height of a milk crate to a little taller than a regular chair. The rotisserie for the front and rear of the airplane also help tremendously because I can just rotate the airframe to any position that I want it at to make it a little more convenient for welding. I wanted to make sure that the rotisserie would be adjustable in height and that the main supports that mount to the airframe were all adjustable. I wanted this because an airframe will not balance simply on the centerline or what would be dead center of the firewall, and I wanted to be able to get the airframe at the proper height to allow it rotate all of the way around 360*. The other nice thing about adjust-ability is that later I will be able to use these on the wings when I fiberglass and paint them.

No comments:

Post a Comment