Friday, June 11, 2010

Still Welding






Like I said before in a previous post "Daunting Task of Welding Everything". I looked on the timer on my welder today 6/10/10 and I have 31 hours on the machine right now. This does include some practice welding and helping my wife's cousin with some welding he needed done but that maybe all added up to about 1 to 2 hours. Man this is taking a long time to weld everything. I think it would go faster if it were not for sitting back, drinking a soda, and admiring what is happening. I had planned on welding the fuselage with Oxy Acetylene but went ahead and bought a Miller Syncrowave 200 TIG machine to do the welding. I am glad that I did since it would have taken me at least twice as long to get this thing welded up. At first I didn't like welding the joints, especially the inside ones, because everything is at such an odd angle. I have since figured things out a little better and am really enjoying welding things up. There are a few more tubes to go in to complete the fuselage structure then I can start working on the main landing gear mount and tailwheel mount. This will be a milestone in the project as it will be sitting on the gear.

No comments:

Post a Comment