Friday, June 11, 2010

Main Gear and Tail Spring



Well I was lucky enough to have found a used set of gear from a Tailwind that the previous owner disassembled to sell for parts (can't figure out why he would do that). But I got a great deal on them. They need some cleaning up which is to be expected for what I paid for them. I was also lucky enough to have found a tail spring from Red Hamilton for a Tailwind. I also got a great deal on this and have already cleaned it up. I will post a picture of the tail spring later (camera batteries went dead). Anyway if I were to have bought these from Harmon Lang they would have set me back around $700-$800 for all of them, I was able to scrounge these parts for a little less than $275 total. The mains also came with some really strange brakes on them that I don't plan on using any further than just around the garage to be able to roll it around for moving it. I will replace these later with either Grove or Cleveland wheels and brakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment