Thursday, June 10, 2010

Everything Is Tacked Together





So once I got the sides completed I put in all of the diagonals making sure that everything was square when they went in. Once all of the diagonals were in I had to cut 2x4 pieces to go in between each station to slightly bow the longerons out slightly (somewhere around 1/2"). This helps to keep the longerons from bowing in from welding and will also make the longeron lines straight later down the road when I go to cover the fuselage (the polyester/ceconite/stitts/what ever you want to call it, can really move things around.) Then I started the daunting task of welding everything. The process started at the rear most station welding the outside straight welds a little at a time at each joint. I worked around each station on just the flat welds trying my best to balance the welds to avoid anything moving out of square. It helps to lock in each station by doing this and things will stay square.

No comments:

Post a Comment