Monday, May 25, 2009

More Ribs, More Ribs

Today is Monday the 25th of May. I built three more ribs today which now brings me up to 10 done. I have started looking at the idea of putting 10 gallons of fuel in the wings. I believe that I can build a 21 x 32 fuel tank that is 4 3/4 tall in the front and 2 1/8 in the rear that will fit just behind the main spar, in front of the rear spar, just outside the 1st full size rib, just inside the 5th rib. I plan on doing this by not putting the truss structure between the these areas in ribs 2, 3 and 4 and bonding the cap strips to the fuel tank. I will build the tank the same size as the inside of the rib would be normally to the same contour to slide right in. The tank will be built out of aluminum. This would give me approx 20 gals in the wings and I plan on still using the header tank but at a reduced size behind the instrument panel. I think that I will make that tank somewhere between 10 and 15 gal to give me total fuel of 30 to 35 gallons.

No comments:

Post a Comment