Tuesday, May 19, 2009

First rib is in the JIG!!

Yesterday I spent about 4 hours cutting parts, soaking the upper and lower cap strips in hot water and getting them in the bending jig for assembly today. I built a soaker for the cap strips out of 3" PVC, and a little single cup coffee warmer. I will get a picture of this device as it worked great to soak the cap strips in. Today I spent about two hours finishing up cutting all the pieces for the ribs. I got the first rib in the jig and glued up with the gussets on one side. Tomorrow I will remove that rib, finish the gussets on the other side and get the next rib in and glued up. I decided to drill 3/4" holes at all intersections for all the parts on the jig tonight before gluing it up since I thought that the rib may glue itself to the jig. I will let you know how this works. I will get some pics tomorrow as well to post since I will finally have a part to look at.

No comments:

Post a Comment