Friday, May 22, 2009

Ribs are coming along



So far I have all of the pieces for the ribs cut to fit with minor adjustments to fit in the jig. I have spent the last few days building ribs. I have completed four ribs and the fifth is in the jig. I sure thought that building these would go a lot faster than they are. I suppose with this project there are many things that will go this way. It is cool though to see that all four ribs look just alike and match up when stacked on top of each other like they came out of an assembly line. I am using the West Systems epoxy to secure all of the pieces together. I really like this product and have used it in the past when I was building lots of radio control airplanes. It is easy to measure, mix and apply. Application to all of the parts is done with a acid brush. These look like little cheap paint brushes with an aluminum handle and black bristles. To cut down on how many of these brushes (although cheap at about .15 each) you can clean them in alcohol. As I said before here are some pictures to see the small amount of progress I have made.

No comments:

Post a Comment