Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Fuselage layout



So the tubing arrived and it was necessary to make a jig to build the fuselage sides. I got two 4 x 8 sheets of OSB and two 1 x 4 's to make the jig blocks. I cut the 1 x 4's up into 1' blocks and drilled them to keep them from splitting. I then layed out the center/thrust line on the two sheets of OSB that will be my jig board. Off of that I measured for the placement of all the center lines for the tubing. I made some blocks that were the correct size for each different size tube that will make up the fuselage sides and centered these on the lines that I drew on the board and attached the blocks so there would be the correct distance from the center line of each tube. Then I finally got to start cutting up the tubing that came.

No comments:

Post a Comment